So a couple of days ago I've started looking into developing a systemd service blueprint to use for managing services defined with docker-compose.
- one docker-compose.yml file that defines a base service with a volume and some environment variables (host volume location defined via an .env file)
- several services extending the base service (the only ones to be run actually)
- still debating: one file vs several files (but all extending from one base yml), might be slightly better since the base will never be used by itself
- stopping or starting a given service shouldn't stop or remove all the other services (several files might make this easier to manage)
- good to have: cleaning network, volumes and images (remove orphans) of the service currently managed
- vagrant box running Debian Stretch
- Issue: https://github.com/systemd/systemd/issues/3374#issuecomment-288882355
- Problem: there's no /usr/lib/systemd/network/99-default.link under Debian
- Documentation: https://www.freedesktop.org/software/systemd/man/systemd.link.html
As the needed file (99-default.link) isn't where I was expecting it to be, after a search I found it at /lib/systemd/network/99-default.link.